Meadowbrook Middle School Gym, Sunday Sept 24, 11:30am-7:30pm
Players can either sign up as a team or as an individual player. Teams of 3-4 players will be formed from the list of individual player signups. Please click on the appropriate link below to signup. Fees will be collected at check-in from 11:00-11:30am on Sept 24th.
Tournament Rules Draft
TEAM FORMING RULES
- The age and grade will be used to determine what division a player is best suited for. Players will be allowed to play in higher age divisions if deemed as qualified. Divisions will include separate Boys and Girls divisions: 10u (3rd/4th Grade), 11-12 (5th/6th Grade), 13-14 (7th/8th Grade), and a High School (open division, can include 1 adult/parent player).
- To ensure proper placement of a team, all four (4) players must fit within the established age/grade category. If a player does not meet the age requirement, your team will be placed into the category of the oldest player.
- All games may start and be completed with any number of players (3,2,1).
- Both teams will warm-up at the same time prior to the start of the game (2 minutes)
- Only those teams scheduled to play are allowed to occupy the court at the scheduled time.
- Teams must be at their court at the scheduled game time, even if games are running behind for any reason (inclement weather, slow play, etc...). The final point of reference for scheduling procedures shall be the Bracket Area, not verbal information provided by a Mediator. The players are ultimately responsible for obtaining accurate scheduling information and being at their court to play when their game is to begin. Game time is forfeit time.
- SPECIAL NOTE: We suggests that you be at your court 15 minutes before the scheduled game time and stay there until game is played.
OFFICIALS AND DUTIES
- One (1) Mediator will be assigned to each game.
- Disputes or questions on interpretation are settled by the tournament supervisor.
PLAYERS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- Each team may have up to four (4) players on their roster. Changes made prior to registration will be allowed. No changes will be allowed after a team's first scheduled game. Once a player has registered on-site, no substitution can be made for that player.
- A roster consists of four (4) players. A game may start with a minimum of two (2) players.
- Player substitution is permitted during any dead ball situation. Players must check-in with the Mediator before entering the game. In case of obvious injury, injured player must sit out at least until the next dead ball.
OFFICIAL GAME TIME
- Game Time is Forfeit Time
- A field goal is worth 1 point.
- A successful goal from beyond the 3pt line is worth 2 points. The player shooting must have both feet completely behind the arc when initiating the attempt.
- The following scoring rules apply for all divisions:
o Winner Bracket Games - 20 points win by 2, up to a maximum of 25 points. (example: 20-18, 23-21, 25-24)
o Consolation Bracket Games - 15 points win by 2, up to a maximum of 20 points.
- All games will have a 15-minute time limit except for Championship Bracket games.The Official starting time will be recorded by the Mediator on the scoresheet, The Official Time will be under the jurisdiction of the Mediator. (The Official Time will be stopped only during timeouts regular and/or injury.)
- The team leading at the end of the 15-minute time limit will be declared the winner.
- If the game is tied after 15 minutes of play and no team has reached the required number of points to win the game, the Mediator will flip a coin to determine team possession. The first team to score will win the game.
TIME-OUTS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- Each team is allowed one (1) one minute time-out per game.
- If play is stopped by a teammate or Mediator to attend to an obvious injury, then the injured player must sit out at least until the next dead ball.
- Player substitution is permitted during any dead ball situation.
LIVE BALL/ DEAD BALL/POSSESSION
- All jump balls go to the defensive team.
- The ball must be taken back to the marked line on the court on every change of possession. Taking back means both feet and the ball behind the take back line. Violation occurs only if a basket is made by the team failing to properly take it back, and will result in loss of point scored and possession of the ball will go to the other team. If the ball is not taken back and then advanced, any other violation, common foul, offensive foul, intentional, flagrant or technical foul called by the official will be honored. Exception: If a player is fouled in the act of shooting and makes the basket prior to properly taking it back, the foul will be honored; however, no points will be awarded.
- After all successful shots, the ball must be checked by the defense and passed in by the offense.
- Each team is allowed two (2) one minute time outs per game.
FOULS AND FREE THROWS
- All Shooting fouls will be handled in the following manner:
o When the basket is made whether the ensuing free throw is made or missed, possession goes to the defensive team.
o When the basket is missed, if free throw is made, possession goes to the defensive team. If the free throw is missed, the offensive team retains possession.
One (1) free throw will be awarded to the fouled player, even if fouled in the act of attempting a shot from behind the 2-point line.
- Non-shooting fouls on or after the 7th team foul will be handled in the following manner:
o If the free throw is made, possession goes to the defensive team.
o If the free throw is missed, the offensive team retains possession.
o If a foul is committed as time runs out, a free throw will be awarded to the fouled player.
FREE THROW OPTION:
in any free throw situation, (including technical fouls), the designated shooter may at his or her option choose to shoot from the free-throw line (15 ft.) for one (1) point, or from behind the 2 point line for 2 points. In either case, the player shooting must have both feet completely behind the line when initiating and completing the attempt. If the 2 point shot is chosen, the non-shooting team will be awarded possession on the ensuing throw-in regardless of whether the shot is successful or not (Exception: technical fouls).
TECHNICAL FOULS PLAYER MISCONDUCT, FLAGRANT AND INTENTIONAL FOULS
The Mediator may assess a Technical Foul for any misconduct, flagrant, or intentional fouls committed by a player(s).This may include:
- A Contact Foul intended to hurt an opponent, fan or Mediator
- Vulgar or verbally abusive behavior
- Other misconduct deemed inappropriate by the Mediator (e.g. intentionally kicking the ball, etc....) or
- A contact foul designed to neutralize an opponents obvious advantageous position.
- Fighting and/or Throwing a Punch automatically results in a Technical Foul assessed against the players(s) involved. Free Throws will be awarded as described above and will result in immediate dismissal of the player(s) from the tournament.
- A Technical Foul will be counted as a Personal Foul and Team Foul.
- Continuous misconduct, intentional and or flagrant fouling by a team or player may result in dismissal from the game or tournament at the discretion of the Mediator or other Tournament Official.
FIVE SECOND RULE:
A player shall not remain for five (5) seconds in that part of his/her free-throw lane between the end line and the farther edge of the free throw line while the ball is in control of his/her team. Allowance shall be made for a player who, having been in the restricted area for less than three seconds, dribbles in or moves to try for goal. The count shall not begin or it shall be terminated during an interrupted dribble.
- All Girls divisions and 10 and under age divisions will use the intermediate size basketball.
- The Team Captain is always the team spokesperson, not a coach, parent, spectator, or one of the other players. We ask that all coaches and parents play the role of a spectator only.
Jewelry (earrings, rings, watches, etc...), hats, bandanas, and/or casts are not allowed to be worn by players during tournament games. Any player that refuses to remove any such item prior to play, is not eligible to participate in that game.